At the Beginning of this year I found that I had quite a lot of issues with my standard of my work , My figure and location drawing wasn’t to a great standard , I still found it daunting to use basic photoshop and that I didn’t experiment with media as much as I would have liked to
When drawing the human form, I tended to exaggerate the figure, elongating the legs and giving them quite delicate features, this style wasn’t working for me and I decided to correct this by doing more and more Life and Figure drawing. I was able to develop my style and I saw a drastic change from last years work to this years . My sequential project this year was not a success for due to my lack of figure drawing ,
I have learned from this and began to really research into the figure and pose I wanted before drawing it in my style . For my children’s book I decided to challenge areas that I found difficult and this was the figure proportions and drawing children , I have always found proportions difficult and for this project I think it was wise to choose to draw something that would challenge and stimulate my own personal practice . Overall my figure drawing has gotten much better and this is mostly due to the research, figure and location drawings I would do Authorship projects and other modules.
I tended to use the same media over and over again and this year decided to try some new types of media as well as develop the ones I already knew worked well for my images. Copics and water colour have always worked well for me and I continued to use these this year , I saw myself getting more confident with them and with the colour experiments I found myself moving away from the greyscale color scheme to more colourful and tonally varied pieces of work. I also ventured back to using ink briefly as was this a media which I enjoyed working with in the past and thought I could develop more in .
I think one of my best developments in my personal practice was that I experimented with Photoshop a lot more. This is a program which I have struggled with for a while now and was always hesitant to use, however , during my Narrative project I found myself experimenting with the program and by the time the Children’s Book module had finished I had taught myself basic editing, digital painting and many other skills which were very helpful for the module.
I now find myself using photoshop quite a bit for my work , with me drawing and colouring the majority of my work traditionally and then editing and adding background on photoshop, I still to work on creating backgrounds as I often make they too overbearing and distracts the viewer from the main image, but this is something for me to work on .
No comments:
Post a Comment