Saturday, 20 April 2013

People at Work



For part of the  "Illustration for Publication " module, we were given a 3 week project where each student in the course would produce an illustration for a zine entitled "People At Work".
This is some of the work I produced for this project , my research drawings and figure drawings of a friend who works part time as a reenactor . I have always found his job interesting and I admire his enthusiasm for his work , it is more of a hobby for him but his interest in history and passion to teach others makes him an ideal figure for this project . 

This is some of my figure drawings for this project:
 .

I found a lot of my work for the zine to be quite static so I decided to watch some videos of people doing sword fighting and sword demonstrations to get a rough idea of movement, stances , how does one hold a sword and different types of swords .

There is a particular section where my friend addresses the crowd and explains different types of swords and stances .
 The weapon I most remember form his demonstrations are the Zweihänder swords, a large two handed sword which he uses to demonstrate both one and two handed sword fighting methods .

This was the final image that I submitted for the zine , this is the coloured version:


And this is the greyscale image that was put into the zine :





No comments:

Post a Comment